Monday

The BEST meal I've ever made: Yucatan Pork Chops

Hello readers :) I cannot even BEGIN to say how amazingly good this recipe was tonight. I just want to make this meal all week-- and I cannot wait to go each this for leftovers at work tomorrow :) Check out the yumminess below.

Make a brine of 2 cups of water, 1 teaspoon of allspice, 3 tablespoons of salt, a bunch of freshly ground pepper and some bay leaves. I was supposed to let pork chops set in the brine for an hour, but I only did for about 10 minutes. I then seasoned the pork again with pepper after removing from the brine. 

Start sauteing largely chopped onions in olive oil, while pork is setting in brine. Cook until carmelized over medium heat. Start pork chops on medium high heat in olive oil, and brown the outside. As they are cooking, set out green cabbage, and thinly sliced radishes. Slice avocado while still in the skin and scoop out over dish with a large spoon. 

In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup orange juice and the juice of two limes with a handful of chopped fresh cilantro. Placed carmelized onions in the citrus mixture and season with salt and pepper. Place pork over the cabbage and top with citrus onion mixture. I ate half of my portion in a warm whole wheat tortilla-- this was just the. best. combination of flavors. There were so many flavors going on, but it was amazingly good. This recipe also would work great on the grill-- if only.

No comments:

Post a Comment