Thursday

Blue

Screenprinting is easily one of the most frustrating and incredibly complicated processes of art I've ever practiced. I've only barely scratched the surface of how to use this medium, but this is my latest project. 

A gift for my mother, this piece was really special to me. She hails from the east coast, in Massachusetts, where these buds flourish! We kind of both have a thing for hyrdrangeas, and I created this specifically with her in mind. So this one's for you Maggie! And you'll be getting your actual print of it sometime very soon :) 

"Blue" by Kelly Lawler
I've also decided to make this print available for sale in an upcoming art show that I'm a part of planning. 

2nd Annual: The Art Show will be held at Heartland Community Church on April 15th, this print any many other amazing pieces of art will be sold for CHEAP, all for the good of a non-profit "Artist's Helping the Homeless," who is based out of Kansas City. 

Kelly

ps: Happy Baseball Season! 

1 comment: