Wednesday

Mrs. Lucas Pasta

With The Art Show and family in town things have been a bit hectic-- I haven't cooked in a week! (It truly is sad) But I have had the blessing of lots of free meals-- so that is always good for any college student :)

Here is a family favorite that my family and I made while they were in town. We lovingly call it Mrs. Lucas Pasta (our family friend who gave us the recipe).

Mrs. Lucas Pasta- cooked by my, stirred my Mama.
Here's the recipe:
Prepare half a box of penne pasta. Set 2-3 tablespoons of pine nuts in a small pan, roast on low and put aside. In a few tablespoons of olive oil, stir in 2-3 minced garlic cloves on medium heat. Add in halved cherry tomatoes and let soften for 5-7 minutes. Add in 10 leaves of loosely chopped fresh basil and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette as you stir into pasta. Toss in roasted pine nuts. We love serving this with a french baguette popped in the oven for a few minutes (just to make it crunchy on the outside) with some butter. Simple good food-- full o carbs! 

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment