Monday

River Market

I've always been really into city life, but this weekend just made me fall in love all over again. I spent Friday night down at First Friday's (for all those Omahan's, first fridays is a big hipster-fest for art lovers in downtown KC the first friday of every month. Its great).

Saturday was baseball (I was ultra tempted to do a whole post about my love for sunflower seeds... its an obsession). Maybe someday.

But Sunday (starting to remind myself of a Rebecca Black remix...), Sunday was river market day. On my way to church I had some amazing iced espresso from Broadway Coffee in Westport, and would have been happy to leave the day at realizing it was warm warm warm enough that iced coffee was a must. But it got way better. Grocery shopping at River Market has got to be one of the best things about Kansas City.

My friend Liz (who apparently gets mentioned in this blog a lot) took me to a bakery in the market that I had never visited: Bloom. Heavenly bread. Other great part:  except to for the steak, I made this dinner straight from the market.


Really easy to make. Toss green beans, halved mushrooms, and loosely chopped red onions in olive oil, salt & pepper. Toss on the grill. Season steak with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar and sear on both sides. Cook to your preference, of course. While grilling I just chopped up the greens and made a dressing out of the vinegar & olive oil... tossed it together with some salt & pepper. And decided that my 3/$1 oranges would be tasty with this... which they were. 

Great Sunday. I love the city. 

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment