Wednesday

Paper flowers

As many of you might guess from my puffy faced picture on Facebook- I had my wisdom teeth out on Friday. That left me with some free time over my Easter holiday. What better than to make something fun and pretty when you're bored laying around with gauze jammed into your cheeks?

I am graduating from COLLEGE in May! (Super excited at this, as you can imagine) So I was making some little paper invites from stuff that I had around the house. I literally have zero money to invest in fancy invitations, so these were totally free for me. Just took a lot of time.




To make these pretty little things all you need is a printer, three different colors of regular weight 8.5x11 paper, and a bit of needle and thread. 

First I made my paper flowers, by drawing with a sharpie very primitive flowers on the darkest color paper (as many as you can fit on a page, about 2-inch circles). I then placed the two other colors behind and cut out flowers on all three sheets. Place six little flowers (two of each color) in a pattern that is darkest to lightest repeated twice, dampen the paper with water and scrunch them up as tight as possible. Let the paper flowers dry. 

I then printed out my invites, tore the edges for a homemade look and also tore out background paper that was about a cm wider on every side. Once your paper flowers have dried, open and flatten them, and sow onto the top of the invites. After they are secured, crinkle each sheet individually to give a natural petal look & feel. 

These cute little paper flowers could go on anything! And I plan on having them around at my party :)

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment